Unit 7: Health and wellbeing
Learn about the human body, food and diets,
You will be asked 8 questions. For questions 1-4, you will have 10 seconds to speak. For questions 5-8, you will have 20 seconds to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 1: answer the questions with a full answer (10-20 seconds)
- Do you exercise regularly?
- How often do you visit the doctor?
- Do you eat a balanced diet?
- How important do you think it is to sleep well?
- Do you take a lot of time off work sick?
- Which is the best way to keep in shape, jogging or swimming?
- What effect can stress have on a person´s health?
- Are people aware of the dangers of bad habits like eating too much sugar?
You will see 8 sentences on the screen. You will have 10 seconds to read each sentence aloud after the tone.
Part 2: read these phrases aloud
- I don´t get ill very often
- It is important to eat a balanced diet as well as exercise
- I tend to exercise for 30 minutes per day
- I am trying to get in shape at the moment
- Most people do not get as much exercise as they should
- Sleep is possibly the most important factor in keeping healthy
- Stress is the one biggest killer in today´s society
- I am aware of the importance of keeping active so that I can be prepared for what life brings
You will have 1 minute to talk about a topic. First you have 40 seconds to read the task and prepare what you have to say. You will have 1 minute to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 3: talk for one minute about this topic
The level of obesity is at an all time high and it is said that by 2030, 80% of people will be obese. What can we do to avoid this?
- Reduce sugar
- Educational programs and advertising campaigns
You will have one minute to leave a message for an English speaking friend about some information. First you have 1 minute to look at the information and prepare what you are going to say. You will have one minute to leave your message. The visual information will stay on the screen. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 4: talk for one minute about this topic
Sleep is an extremely important part of being healthy. What problems can people have if they do not sleep enough?
You will hear 5 questions about a topic. You have 4 seconds to read about the task. After each question, you will have 20 seconds to speak.
Part 5: answer the questions with a full answer (20 seconds)
People nowadays do not usually exercise enough and this is leading to more obesity and health issues like diabetes. Talk about the influence of:
- How often do you usually work out?
- Is it important to eat a healthy diet as well as be active?
- What types of sports are most popular in today´s society?
- Why have people stopped exercising as much as in the past?
- Apart from health, what are the pros of participating in sport?