The teaching and learning of languages has been _____ (1) in recent years thanks to the internet. Some might say that the _____ (2) of teaching may not be what it once was but i would argue that the benefits outway the disadvantages. This is an opinion _____ (3) by many such as omniglot.com and english.com. The internet offers us a vast amount of resources that were once often difficult to get _____ (4) of or very expensive. I would argue that for this reason it is almost impossible to be involved in the teaching and learning of languages without working online in some _____ (5) or form.
To learn a language, the student is required to be _____ (6) and varied in their methods. The days of grammar book _____ (7) learning are long gone and the internet gives teachers and students the perfect opportunity to practice language, discuss their doubts and even find like-minded people with whom they can practice speaking. It could be called ´the classroom without walls, but what it has done is opened the lid of time _____ (8). We can now study languages 24/7 and this enables those with tight schedules to get into language learning. We can study where we want, when we want and even use our telephones to do so.
- A. revolutionised B. altered C. changed D. adapted
- A. amount B. quality C. quantity D. qualify
- A. responded B. echoed C. answered D. resaid
- A. hold B. access C. hand D. permission
- A. shape B. way C. method D. size
- A. constant B. consistent C. ordered D. classical
- A. organised B. based C. controlled D. made
- A. restraints B. limits C. deadlines D. controls
DOWNLOAD IN PDF HERE