The speaking exam for the EOI (Escuela Oficial de Idiomas) consists of two parts. The first is a monologue in which you must speak alone about a topic. In the exam, you will have two topics to choose from and some time to prepare (usually 1-2 minutes) and the second part is an interaction with a partner.
- Use clear pronunication
- Maintain your grammatical errors to a minimum
- Organised your answer clearly
- Use relevant vocabulary for the level
- Give clear points and reasons why you have included them
- Do not repeat too much
- Learn fixed phrases
- Use connectors and discourse markers to structure your answer
Read the topic and speak alone for 3-3:30, you can add your own ideas. Preparation time 2 minutes.
- Do you get on well with your family?
- Is it important to have close friends?
- Do you find it easy to make new friends?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being in a long-term family?