Unit 9: The environment and the natural world
Learn about our planet, nature and the changing environment
You will be asked 8 questions. For questions 1-4, you will have 10 seconds to speak. For questions 5-8, you will have 20 seconds to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 1: answer the questions with a full answer (10-20 seconds)
- Are you interested in animals and wildlife?
- Should people use public transport to save energy?
- What´s the weather usually like where you live?
- Do you recycle plastic, paper and glass?
- Are you concerned about climate change?
- What is the biggest environmental issue that we face as a species?
- Will the government put restrictions on the amount of plastic we use?
- What could the general public do to preserve the environment?
You will see 8 sentences on the screen. You will have 10 seconds to read each sentence aloud after the tone.
Part 2: read these phrases aloud
- The weather is a little dreary today
- I am not fond of the climate in this country
- We should all recycle as much as possible to help avoid waste
- Do you reuse glass bottles or just take them to the recycling bin?
- Climate change is seriously worrying
- If it rains tomorrow, I think I will stay in a read a book by the fire
- Can you name any endangered animals in your country?
- There are many ways that we can help to look after the environment, such as saving energy and using public transport
You will have 1 minute to talk about a topic. First you have 40 seconds to read the task and prepare what you have to say. You will have 1 minute to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 3: talk for one minute about this topic
What could we do to keep our local area cleaner?
- media campaigns
- volunteer work
You will have one minute to leave a message for an English speaking friend about some information. First you have 1 minute to look at the information and prepare what you are going to say. You will have one minute to leave your message. The visual information will stay on the screen. Please speak for all of the time you have.
PERCENTAGE OF PLASTIC RECYCLED
Part 4: talk for one minute about this topic
Plastic is one of the biggest threats to our planet and it needs to be recycled. Some countries recycle a lot, but others fail to do it enough. What do you think?
You will hear 5 questions about a topic. You have 4 seconds to read about the task. After each question, you will have 20 seconds to speak.
Part 5: answer the questions with a full answer (20 seconds)
We all understand that humans are having a huge impact on the environment. What can we do to help protect it?
- natural areas
- endangered animals
- Are you concerned about the environment?
- Is it easy to recycle in your city?
- How can we save energy?
- Do people normally do enough to cut down on the use of plastic?
- What are the pros and cons of using public transport?