Unit 1: People and their lives
Learn language about routines, where people live and how to .
You will be asked 8 questions. For questions 1-4, you will have 10 seconds to speak. For questions 5-8, you will have 20 seconds to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 1: answer the questions with a full answer (10-20 seconds)
- What´s your name and where do you come from?
- Where are you currently living?
- Where did you grow up?
- What does your daily routine entail?
- How could you save time in your daily life?
- What can´t you stand about your hometown?
- What would you change about your life if you could change just one thing?
- How far do you agree that it is essential to follow a strict routine to achieve happiness?
You will see 8 sentences on the screen. You will have 10 seconds to read each sentence aloud after the tone.
Part 2: read these phrases aloud
- I tend to get up at about 6am
- I get stressed really easily when I lack time
- I am itching to start a new hobby
- Are you eager to go to the zoo?
- How long have you been gardening today, your hands are covered in filth
- I am looking forward to the weekend so that I can have a long earned break
- Would you say that people nowadays take full advantage of their leisure time?
- From where I am standing, You appear to have the ideal situation, both a good job and time to relax
You will have 1 minute to talk about a topic. First you have 40 seconds to read the task and prepare what you have to say. You will have 1 minute to speak. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 3: talk for one minute about this topic
Talk about daily routines and how people claim to be having less and less time to relax.
You should say:
- long working hours
- lack of sleep
- influence of technology
You will have one minute to leave a message for an English speaking friend about some information. First you have 1 minute to look at the information and prepare what you are going to say. You will have one minute to leave your message. The visual information will stay on the screen. Please speak for all of the time you have.
Part 4: talk for one minute about this topic
Do you think that men do not do as much housework as they should nowadays. It is normal for both men and women to work, but it appears that men are doing very little housework still. What might this suggest?
You will hear 5 questions about a topic. You have 4 seconds to read about the task. After each question, you will have 20 seconds to speak.
Part 5: answer the questions with a full answer (20 seconds)
You need to give your opinion about Friendships and relationships with other people
- spending time with friends
- keeping in contact with people from the past
- having things in common with other people
- independence and spending time alone
- What is a true friend?
- Is it important to always be honest with friends?
- How much time is a healthy amount to spend with friends?
- Do you trust your friends 100% will all of your secrets?
- Some people say that if you have 5 real friends, you are lucky. Do you agree?