WHAT IS THE SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION EXERCISE?
Part 4: transformations (rephrasing) in PDF B2 USE OF ENGLISH PART 4
In this part of the exam you have six sentences to complete. You need to read the first sentence in each question. From this you need to look at the second sentence and think about what information is missing. You must then complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first with 2-5 words (NO MORE). Another thing to understand is that you are provided with a word that you must use in exactly the same form (if it is TOLD, you cannot use tell, telling or any variation of the word. ONLY TOLD). Each of the questions is worth 2 points and the points are based on lexical (vocabulary) or structural (grammatical) points. What they assess in this part of the exam are as follows:
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first, using the word given. Do not change the word given, you must use 2-5 words including the word given.
- It used to be easy to get a new job.
_______________ to be easy.
2. I am moving to Madrid so that I can find reliable work.
I am moving to Madrid _______________ job.
3. You should never force your children to study something at university that they are not interested in.
You shouldn’t_______________ your children study something at university that they are not interested in.
4. I really hate being unemployed.
I can _______________ without employment.
5. It is not a good idea to rush in order to finish your work.
You shouldn’t _______________ finish your work.
6. Should you need anything else, just let me know.
If you need anything else, do not _______________.