Discussion task (4-5 minutes)
Conversation between the candidates and the interlocutor. Candidates discuss topics related to part 3: collaborative task of the exam with the examiner.
- Do you think you have to go to a prestigious university to have a successful career?
- Some people say that it is essential to go to university these days. Would you agree?
- Do you think people study the right kinds of subjects nowadays?
- Why do people normally choose to go to university?
- What is the biggest advantage of studying abroad for a year with the Erasmus program?
- What can people do to make sure they have a good social life at university?
B2 First for Schools
- Do you think you have to get good grades at school to be able to get a decent job in the future?
- Some people say that school is outdated and many subjects have become obsolete. Do you agree?
- Are you considering your future job opportunities when making choices about your education?
- Why do some teenagers drop out of high school and not graduate?
- Is it a good idea to make people repeat subjects if they fail them?
- Do schools set too many exams or just the right amount?