Future time clauses are used to express the future, however, they are followed by the present simple, present continuous or present perfect. They often form part of the zero/0 or First/1st conditional.
Examples of future time clauses:
I will watch TV when I finish up here.
Until the time comes, you just need to wait.
As soon as
As soon as you have eaten your dinner, go straight to bed.
If I have time later, I will meet up with your girlfriend.
While I am waiting at the dentist, I will read my book.
Once you get here, give me a call.
By the time
By the time we pass the exam, we will already have finished our degrees.
After we have lunch, can you give me a hand.
Before I get to work, I usually have a coffee and a bite to eat.
By the time
By the time you have done the coursework, it will be time for your exams.
Practice speaking questions:
- Will you get a well-paid job as soon as you get out of university?
- Can you go on holiday once your classes finish?
- When you get home, do you usually do housework?
- Will you be fluent in English by the time you have finished this course?
- Do you normally do your homework aften you get home each day?