What do we use this tense for?
The present continuous is used as a future tense to talk about arrangements. Arrangements are fixed plans that have all of the details confirmed and they have already been organised.
These are organised plans, you have already paid for it or contacted other people about the details.
For example, We are meeting in the Torito bar at 11pm.
This means that you have already spoken to your friends about where to meet. You have a fixed place and time.
+ Next week I am visiting my parents in their holiday home.
– I am not travelling with my friends on their end of year trip.
? Are you working next Saturday night?
- Are you doing anything special next weekend?
- Are you working next week?
- Where are you travelling to next summer?
- Are you meeting anyone this evening?