How do we use the future continuous?
We use the future continuous to refer to an action that will be in progress at a specific time in the future. This action is normally in progress when something else happens.
For example: Imagine that it is your birthday on the 31st January, you will say…
I will be celebrating my birthday on January 31st.
I will have celebrated my birthday on the 1st February.
Form: SUBJECT + WILL + BE + GERUND (ING)
+ I will be doing an exam at 7 pm when you arrive.
– I will not be reading by the time you arrive.
? Will you still be working out at the gym when I come in?
To have a look at some other continuous/progressive tenses, see the following links:
- Will you be working at 8 pm tomorrow?
- Will you be sleeping by midnight?
- Will you be watching tv when I get home?
- What will you be doing in 10 years time?
- Where will you be living in 20 years time?