All languages have their nuances and are indeed a work of art that is forever evolving. It is, of course, a matter of opinion what the most useful vocabulary is and what we should learn first. Our tips are always based around prioritizing language and learning the most frequent language first (see our list). However, what we thought would be really interesting though is, what are our top 10 English words and why?
- Awkward = difficult or uncomfortable: It was such an awkward situation when I gave away the secret.
- Conundrum = an impossible situation: We are in a bit of a conundrum because we have no choice in the matter.
- Eager = keen: We are eager to improve our English.
- Fickle = changeable or volatile: Football fans are really fickle.
- Foolish = naive: Don´t be foolish and listen to your parents advice.
- Perplex = confuse or baffle: The whole situation perplexes me to be honest.
- Random = unpredictable: It was such a random event that I didn’t know what was going to happen.
- Reluctant = unwilling: I am reluctant to change jobs because I won’t be able to get as high a salary elsewhere.
- Tricky = hard or difficult: I find it tricky to learn phrasal verbs.
- Upside down. that is not a word, it’s two, I hear you say: I left the bottle upside down and now it is empty.
As we have said, this is just a bit of fun and it is of course up to each one of you to decide on your favourite words in each language. The important thing is to enjoy language and always remain hungry to learn something new.