Discussion task (4-5 minutes)
Conversation between the candidates and the interlocutor. Candidates discuss topics related to part 3 of the exam with the examiner.
- How do you prefer to spend your free time?
- Which is the best type of leisure activity you can take part in?
- Some people prefer hanging out in large groups, but others in a small circle of friends. Which do you prefer?
- What makes people want to take part in new and exciting activities?
- Some people think that young people are boring nowadays as they don´t get involved in a range of activities. Do you agree?
- What are the most popular celebrations in your country?
- Why do people enjoy getting involved in local festivals and customs?
- What is the best event or celebration that you´ve ever attended?
- Some people say that local celebrations are not as significant as in the past. Do you agree?
- Do you like to arrange parties for your friends and family?
People and their lives
- Some people say that the majority of people stick to routines nowadays. Do you agree?
- Do you think that you lead an interesting life?
- What is the most important thing in your life?
- Some people think that spending time with your family is the key to happiness. What do you think?
- What is the worst part about your life and how could you change it?