Discussion task (4-5 minutes)
Conversation between the candidates and the interlocutor. Candidates discuss topics related to part 3 of the exam with the examiner, and they need to express and justify opinions, agree and disagree, speculate etc.
Stress and mental health
- What changes have taken place in attitudes towards stress over the past few decades?
- Some people state that stress is relative, what is meant by that?
- Which benefits do people get by doing exercise in the avoidance of stress?
- Instead of exercising, what other ways can people avoid getting stressed?
- Some people say that because of new working styles and the attitudes of large corporations, people suffer more stress than in the past. What do you think?
- Some people claim that travelling is one of the most detrimental industries to our environment, would you agree?
- Why have we seen a recent rise in ecotourism?
- What changes would you expect to the tourism industry in the future?
- Which types of people benefit the most from the tourism industry in your country?
- How has tourism changed over the last century?
- Some people claim that life was easier for our parents than it is for our generation. Do you agree?
- What would you consider to be a successful life?
- How much influence do your friends and family have on the way you live your life?
- What types of issues do young people need to face nowadays?
- What can be learned from speaking to older people about their life experience?