These rephrasing questions are based on comparatives. Review the grammar on this site and then complete the exercises.
Fill in the gaps with 1, 2 or 3 words so that both of the sentences have the same meaning.
- The car is too expensive for me to buy.
I cannot __________ to buy the car.
2. He is quite unfriendly compared to his siblings.
He is __________ as his siblings.
3. Do you earn as much money as your workmates?
Do you have __________ salary as your workmates?
4. I am not as fond of swimming as him.
He likes swimming __________ than I do.
5. I prefer to watch TV than to read a newspaper.
I like reading a newspaper _________ watching TV.