These rephrasing questions are based on pronouns. Review the grammar on this site and then complete the exercises.
Fill in the gaps with 1, 2 or 3 words so that both of the sentences have the same meaning.
- He is my friend from when we were at high school.
He is a friend of __________ from my time at high school.
2. I dislike my appearance so I never look at my reflection in the mirror.
I never look at __________ in the mirror as I don’t like my reflection.
3. Who does this hat belong to?
__________ hat is this?
4. I feel like it was all a waste of time.
It seems like it was all a waste of time to __________.
5. Do you like doing things on your own?
Do you prefer doing things by _________?