Role-play is a powerful way to enhance your fluency in a language and encourage you to speak in a flexible way.
Imagine that one of you is a teacher and the other is a student. The student is not doing well at school/university and the teacher is talking to them about their progress.
- How do you think you are doing at the moment?
- Are you happy with your progress?
- What grades did you get last term?
- Have you failed any exams recently?
- Are there any problems at home?
- Would you say that you are trying your best?
- How do you think you could improve?
- Is there anything I can help you with?
- Do you need some extra support in any of the subjects?
- Is there an issue with any of the other teachers that I should be aware of?
- Can you help me to understand ___?
- Would it be ok if I had some extra classes on ___?
- Could you help me get my head around ___?
- How can I improve my grade in (subject)?
- What advice could you give me?
- Is it ok if I stay behind at school from time to time?
DOWNLOAD IN PDF HERE