Role-play is a powerful way to enhance your fluency in a language and encourage you to speak in a flexible way.
Imagine that you are having a phone conversation with a friend and you want to tell them some really important news. Explain to them what has happened and also discuss the gossip. The person receiving the phone call needs to ask questions to elicit more information.
- I bet you will never guess what has happened?
- Did you know about…?
- Are you surprised to know that…?
- have you heard about…?
- Did you find out about what happened…?
- Do you know (someone)?
Recipient of the call:
- When did this happen?
- Why are you telling me this?
- Is (the person) ok?
- Can I help them with anything?
- Shall I give them a call?
- How did they react when they found out?
- Is it true that…?
- Shouldn’t we keep this a secret?
- Does (a person) know what happened?
- Wouldn’t it be a good idea to go around and see if they are ok?
DOWNLOAD IN PDF HERE