Example: Work out – do exercise
- Sign up for – do/join a team or club
- Join in – participate
- Feel up (to) – feel well enough to
- Cut down (on) – reduce the amount of
- Get over – recover from
- Look after – take care of
- Put on – gain weight
- Pass/black out – faint/become unconscious
- Go/come down with – become ill
- Bring on – cause an illness
- Warm up – prepare for something
- Swell up – become inflamed
- Get rid of – throw/give away or sell
- Pull through – recover from
- Pass away – die
Fill in the gaps with the correct preposition:
- Have you ever come _____ with the flu a day before a big event?
- Do you take a long time to get _____ illnesses?
- Should you cut _____ on any type of unhealthy food?
- Who looks _____ you when you are sick?
- When you are ill, do you normally feel _____ to going to work?
- Don´t you think that you ought to sign _____ to a gym?
- Why is it so important to warm _____ before doing exercise?
- Have you ever passed _____ in a public place?
- Do you put _____ weight easily if you eat unhealthy food?
- What can bring _____ a cold?
DOWNLOAD IN PDF HERE