Fill in the gaps in the 2nd sentence with 1-3 words so that both have the same meaning:
- I managed to learn German in under 2 year´s time.
I succeeded _____________ German in less than 2 years.
- I am fluent in German.
I can speak German _____________.
- When I got to Germany, I was surprised at how fast people spoke.
When I ___________ in Germany, what I found surprising was the speed they spoke at.
- Do you know how to speak French?
__________ able to speak French?
- I found out that I am good at learning languages.
I discovered that I have a talent ____________ languages.
- I would like to sign up to a language conversation group.
I ____________ a language conversation group.
- He could not comprehend what they were saying to him.
He didn´t understand what ______________ him.
- I am keen to go sightseeing in Granada.
I want to see ___________ in Granada.
- Who does this dictionary belong to?
Whose dictionary __________?
- I have taken up German classes.
I have started __________ German.
- Would you switch on the light, please?
You see the light, do you mind _____________, please?
- My teacher wouldn´t let me miss the deadline.
My teacher didn´t ___________ me to miss the deadline.
- All the students handed in their work on time.
Every ___________ in their work on time.
- When I was a child, I loved picking up new languages.
As _________, I enjoyed learning new languages.
- He runs the family business.
He is _____________ of the family business.
- It tires me to listen to his whining.
I am _________ of listening to him complaining.
- The teacher taught us to pronounce French properly.
We ____________ to pronounce French properly.
- Someone is fixing my laptop this afternoon.
My laptop is ______________ this afternoon.
- The more you practice, the faster you will learn.
If you _________, you would learn faster.
- I am the most diligent student in the class.
I am without a doubt ___________ worker in the class.