Fill in the gaps in the 2nd sentence with 1-3 words so that they both have THE SAME MEANING:
- I am only here on holiday for 8 days.
I only _________ 8 days off work for my holiday.
- I have been working in the office for 3 months.
I have been working in the office ________ 3 months ago.
- I can´t afford to pay for it as it costs too much.
I can´t pay for it because _____ the cost.
- The flight wasn´t too expensive.
The flight didn´t _________ too much.
- One of my friends will pay for my flight.
A friend _________ will pay for my flight.
- Another friend of ours will come along too.
Another one of _________ friends will accompany us.
- You ought to listen to the teacher.
You __________ what the teacher has to say.
- You have to follow the guidelines strictly.
You ______________ guidelines word for word.
- It is easy to get by in German.
_________ by in German is easy.
- It is amusing to watch series on HBO.
HBO _______ some funny series to watch.
- I returned from my holiday on the 11th.
I ______ back from my holiday on the 11th.
- The inventor has discovered a replacement for petrol.
A replacement for petrol _________ discovered by the inventor.
- I was shocked to find out the news.
I was shocked ______ I found out the news.
- Before meeting my friends, I had a shower.
I showered __________ met my friends.
- I had dinner after I got home from work.
After ________ home from work, I had dinner.
- It is without a doubt the most efficient means of transport.
I have no doubt that it is the most efficient ______ transport.
- I love cooking exotic dishes.
I am crazy ______ cooking exotic dishes.
- I am mad about learning English on this site.
I am extremely ______ of learning English on this site.
- I want to learn more languages when I finish.
I am ______ to learn more languages after.
- I fancy having a pint after work.
I ______ like having a pint on the way home from work.