Fill in the gaps with 1-3 words so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first:
- My dad has never been to Spain before.
It _______________ time that my dad has been in Spain.
- Have you studied German before?
Have you _________ studied German?
- I am still finishing my supper.
I have not finished my dinner ______.
- I arrived home 5 minutes ago.
I have _________ got home.
- We haven´t seen each other for a long time.
It´s a long time since we _________ each other.
- “I have never been In Albacete” said John.
John said that he ___________ been in Albacete before.
- “I am hungry” said Tuna.
Tuna told me that ___________ hungry.
- “My arm hurts” said Jacob.
Jacob informed me that he has a _______ in his arm.
- My best friend is a doctor.
My best friend works _________ a doctor.
- What do you do for a living?
What _______ profession?
- My dad called me last night to talk about my studies.
I __________ by my dad last night to talk about university.
- The course doesn´t cost as much as I had thought.
The course is ______________ I had thought.
- I would say that I eat enough fruit and veg.
I reckon that I eat ________ of fruit and veg.
- I would recommend swimming to keep fit.
___________ a great way to keep fit.
- I love listening to music while I am jogging.
I _________ of listening to music as I jog.
- I find it hard to keep up with my homework.
It __________ hard to do all of the homework.
- Everyone tells lies every now and again.
All _________ lie from time to time.
- Nearly all my friends have finished their exams already.
________ of my friends have already finished their exams.
- “It´s not warm enough to go to the beach Jacob; let´s go to the ball pit”.
“It is _______ cold to go to the beach Jacob; how about the ball pit?”.
- I had a few nightmares last night.
I _______ dreams last night.