There are various ways to express your personal opinion:
- In my point of view
- From where I am standing
- The way I see it
- I am under the impression
- I hold a strong opinion on/about
- I have reason to believe
- I firmly believe
- It´s a matter of opinion, but…
- I have the suspicion that
- I share your opinion on
- I have no doubt that
- I would say that
To express general opinions, a great thing to do is to use “the impersonal passive”:
- It is thought that
- It is generally believed that
- It is said that
- It is well known that
You can also make reference to the general public:
- Most people think that
- The majority of people believe
- People say that
- almost everyone knows
Travel and tourism:
- Some people say that tourism is making all countries become more similar. Is this a desirable development?
- Which people generally benefit most from modern tourism?
- Who tends to benefit the least?
- What developments do you think will occur in the tourism industry in the future?
- Is the sudden influx of ecotourism a turn for the better?
- It could be said that popular culture is dumbing down society. Would you agree?
- How can we influence the younger generation to avoid being influenced by reality TV stars?
- Which everyday influences or occurrences do you think are detrimental to the progress of our society?
- Why is it important to establish a sense of belonging in your culture through the sharing of tastes and interests?
- To what extent does our consumerist economy depend on popular culture?