- Sleep: it is proven that sleep is an essential part of learning, the best formula is study in the evening + sleep + study again in the morning
- Mnemonic devices: you need to find simple ways of remembering information better, acronyms are a great way of doing this (see our post on mnemonics here)
- Water: all people need to be adequately hydrated to work well, but water is particularly important for the memory.
- Say it out loud: to remember vocabulary, you should say the words out load or even record your own voice; this helps you remmeber far more easily.
- Exercise: you may feel that doing exercise is a form of procrastination, but it is an essential part of our study routine.
- Write notes on paper: when you take notes, you should do it on paper in your own words, not on the computer. If you write on paper, it is easier to remember.
- Modification and adaptation: you should modify activities. Repetition is good, but you need to adapt the way you do things with small changes to reinforce memory.
- Rewards: you should give yourself small rewards to enhance learning. This will give you small bursts od dopamine (feelgood hormone) and help you to remember.
- Interest: if you study about your interests, you remember much better.
- Do it with friends: You need to study with other people, in fact, it is much better if you do it with friends (see our post on study partners here)